The Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ASOS) was founded in 1977 as the Orthopaedic Forum and changed its name in 1983 to Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons. ASOS’s objectives are to promote and maintain the highest standards of orthopaedic patient care and professional conduct by orthopaedic surgeons. These include:
- Advancing orthopaedic surgery.
- Promoting and maintaining the highest standard of orthopaedic patient care in the community.
- Promoting and maintaining the highest standard of professional conduct by orthopaedic surgeons.
- Promoting mutual understanding and fellowship between orthopaedic surgeons.
- Promoting good relations between orthopaedic surgeons and others engaged in the practise of medicine and between orthopaedic surgeons and the community.
- Promoting and safeguarding the professional interests and the conditions of practice of orthopaedic surgeons.
- Promoting and safeguarding the freedom of choice of individual members of the community to seek and obtain the services of orthopaedic surgeons and others practising in both the private and public sectors of medicine.
If you think you can contribute or be part of this professional community than join us today.